- Oscar Car Rental ApS (afterward referred to as "Oscar", "we", "our", "us") processes, as a data controller, several personal information about you when you register as a customer on www.oscar.nl or when you rent a car via www.oscar.nl.
- In the below policy, we tell you where we collect personal data about you and what we use it for. It also informs you how long we keep your personal information (erasure policy) and with whom we share it.
- Finally, we inform you about your rights and how to exercise them.
- The purposes of our processing of your personal data are (i) to enable you to rent cars via oscar.nl, (ii) to process your orders and payments, (iii) to improve our services on www.oscar.nl, (iv) provide marketing to you, if you have consented thereto, and (v) to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject (hereinafter "Purposes").
- Unfortunately, if you do not provide us with the required information, we will not be able to register you as a user of oscar.nl or arrange car rentals for you.
Principles of data processing
- We process your data primarily to fulfill our agreement with you as a user of www.hejoscar.dk, as per GDPR Art. 1(1)(b).
- We also process your data to pursue our legitimate interest in sending you marketing. You will only receive our newsletter if you have consented to this. Our processing basis is GDPR art 6(1)(f).
- You can always withdraw your consent for us to use your email for marketing.
- If you want to object against us using your information to provide you with marketing on www.oscar.nl or elsewhere on the web, file your complaint via [email protected].
- We also process your data to pursue our legitimate interest in improving our service to you, per GDPR art 6(1)(f).
- We also process your data to comply with any legal obligations to which we may be subject, under GDPR art 6(1)(c).
Personal data we collect and process
- We also receive information from our dealers concerning the settlement of your lease.
- Our processing of your personal data is limited to that information that is relevant and necessary to fulfill the Purpose.
- Our processing is not based on automated decisions or profiling, as we only use the collected data to recommend to you a suitable rental car or dealer, if applicable.
- The personal data processed will typically include:
- Identity and contact details, including first and last name, address, email, phone number.
- Information about your lease to administer it.
- Payment details to the extent they are stored on www.oscar.nl.
- To the extent strictly necessary, we will pass on your personal data to the dealer(s) who will rent a car to you.
- We will also disclose your personal data if we are required to disclose it under the law in force at any time.
Transfer of personal data to non-EU countries
- We never transfer your information without your prior consent to anyone outside the EU.
Safety and protection
- We have established and maintained appropriate organizational and technical measures to ensure that your personal data is not accidentally or unlawfully deleted, altered, or lost, does not become known to unauthorized third parties, is not otherwise misused, and is not used in breach of data protection legislation.
- If we are subject to a security breach, in which we consider a high risk that your personal data may be misused, we will notify you of the security breach without undue delay. We will also inform you of what we have done to mitigate the risk of misuse of your information.
- We have internal rules and instructions to ensure that only those of our employees who have a strictly legitimate purpose have access to your personal information.
Erasure of your personal data
- However, we will not delete your personal data if you have indicated that you wish to keep your account.
- We will send you an email if your account has been inactive for 12 months. If we do not hear from you, you will receive a new email after 15 months of inactivity. If we then do not hear from you within one month, we will delete your personal data.
- Please note, however, that if we need to keep any of your information, for example, to comply with our legal obligations under the Accounting Act or other legislation, we will keep this information regardless of whether you have closed or had your account closed.
- As a general rule, we will delete the personal data we need to fulfill our contractual obligations or our legal obligations no later than 5 years after closing your account.
- Notwithstanding the above, we will close your user profile as soon as possible after you have notified us or closed your user profile yourself at www.oscar.nl.
- We will delete your personal data if you or we close your account.
- We will also delete your personal data if your account has been inactive for more than 18 months.
- You have the right at any time to know what personal data we store and process about you. Send an email to email@example.com.
- You can ask to have your personal data corrected at any time. You also have the right to object or have it altered if we are processing it unlawfully. You can contact us at [email protected].
- If all or part of the processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- You may at any time have your personal data transferred to a third party or receive a copy of your personal data.
- If you want to file a complaint about our processing of your personal data, you can do so with the Danish Data Protection Authority, Inspectorate SZW, PO Box 90801, 2509 LV The Hague, tel: +31 85 208 8464.
GPS-tracking in the rental cars
- Please note that a number of the cars you rent via oscar.nl have GPS monitoring.
- We do NOT receive data from GPS tracking, so the data controller for this information is the individual dealer.
- Please also note that the purpose for collecting GPS data may differ from dealer to dealer, so please familiarise yourself with each dealer's use of GPS data.
- The data controller for your data is:
Oscar Autoverhuur B.V.
You can contact us at [email protected]